Learn several criteria to use while evaluating project scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project and Smartsheet… which (when used properly) can help you to generate dynamic timeline, workload, and cost forecasts for your project, update those forecasts quickly and easily with true progress entry, generate and distribute reports to your project team and customers quickly and easily, and spend less time creating, updating, and generating reports from your project schedule.
Project scheduling software is an essential tool that should be in every Project Manager’s toolbox:
- You need a project scheduling software tool create dynamic timelines, resource plans, and cost estimates for your project.
- You need the ability to share project timeline, workload, or cost information with your team members or customers.
- You may be looking for a less expensive or simpler alternative to Microsoft Project.
There are many options available if you run projects and need the ability to create accurate and dynamic timeline, resource, and cost forecasts. One of the most popular project planning and scheduling software tools is Microsoft Project… but some consider it to be expensive and difficult to learn how to use properly. Smartsheet is a less expensive alternative to MS Project that you may want to consider if you don’t have sophisticated project scheduling needs… or a budget to purchase MS Project.
When evaluating project scheduling software tools, the following are important criteria to consider:
- Automatic scheduling engine.
- Resource management features.
- Cost tracking features.
- Progress tracking features.
- Reporting and export features.
If you follow these criteria to select the right project scheduling software tool to meet your needs, then you should be able to:
- Generate dynamic timeline, workload, and cost forecasts for your project.
- Update those forecasts quickly and easily when true progress is captured and entered into the software.
- Generate and distribute reports to your project team and customers quickly and easily.
- Spend less time creating, updating, and generating reports from your project schedule.
Related Quotes To Consider: